Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yet ANOTHER medical problem...

So on Christmas Day I started getting this sharp pain right in my upper stomach. It hurt so bad that I almost had Alex take me to the ER but I ended up just going home and laying down and it slowly went away. And then after that I would get that same pain 2 or 3 times a month. And then 2 weeks ago I had it at about 10 at night but it was the worst its ever been! I got up to walk to my parents room and just as I got to the door I fainted! Shane was the first one to get to me and he started yelling at my parents to hurry and he got me a pillow for under my head (he loves me :-) Even if he wont admit it!) So they got to me and we were getting ready to go to the ER, they got dressed and everything but it finally starting getting better so we decided to just wait and see what happened. And we went back to bed. So then the night before last the same thing happened at about 1am! I woke up from the pain and it felt like someone was stabbing me with a hot knife! It hurt worse than anything. I have never been in so much pain before. So I waited 15 minutes to see if it would go away again but it didn't so I texted my mom to avoid fainting again walking down the hall lol and she came in and I could barely talk it hurt so bad. No way I sat helped or anything so she got Bob and he gave me a blessing. Then we decided we needed to go to the ER. So Bob started the car and they got dressed.... and then it started going away. I felt SO bad! So we didn't go but yesterday morning mom made an appointment with the doctor. So we went and it turns out I have a stomach ulcer :-( NOT caused by stress. He actually said that stress doesn't really cause ulcers, it just makes it harder to heal them or something. And the anti-depressant I take actually caused ulcers. So we don't know how exactly I got it but I just have to take some pills for 2 weeks to see if it will heal it. First my gall bladder now this! My body hates me.... lol

1 comments:

Josh and Amanda said...

I heard a little about this at the shower. I'm so sorry! Gallbladder is bad enough, but this! I hope those pills make it better for you. I love you!