Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We're engaged!!!!!!!!! :-)


It's 2 karats with both band...the engagement one has a 5/8 karat center! :-) It's so pretty!!The story: So last night we went on a walk around town... we parked downtown and walked all the way to memorial and just walked the path and went on the swings and the train and stuff just having fun :-) And then we started walking back towards the boat launch and we stopped and sat down on the benches. And then Alex went to the bathroom (which I later learned is when he took the ring out of his wallet and put it in his pocket!) so we continued down the trail and when we got to the grassy hill right by the lake we layed down and were looking up at the stars and just talking and being SO in love :-) :-) And then I was literally thinking to myself 'I love this feeling! I want to feel JUST like this when he proposed to me! :-) So we stayed there for a little bit longer and then stood up to leave and while we were kissing he reached in his pocket and took out the ring and got on his knee and said "Valeri, will you marry me?" And I just took there for like 5 seconds and then said "Babe!...." And then like 10 more seconds after staring in desbelief I FINALLY (his words) said "Yes!" And he put it on my finger.... it's gorgeous! It was so perfect, I was facing the lake and it was one of those time where you're just SO happy you can't even describe the feeling! And the Ring! I love it! It was dark and you could still see it sparkle! I called my mom first and told her. She knew it was coming which leads into how he did it all but first..... so we had to walk all the way back into town to my car and it seemed like a blur I was so excited! We kept seeing people like with there doors open and I was like "Let's go tell them!" lol my phone was in my car so I couldn't get there fast enough!
Ok so apparently he was planning on asking me like a week ago when we drove up to the top of Baldy lol but his car kept overheating so I was in a bad mood and we were like stranded so I was being a whimp and scared of animals.... anyways thankfully he didn't do it then! But he had it in the car :-) But I'm SO glad he did it last night. It was PERFECT! Anyways.... so he did ask my mom permission like 2 weeks ago and I guess he's had the ring a little longer than that :-) He went to CDA twice without me knowing!! :-) And he told his parents by telling them that he had a present for me and wanted to know if they liked it. So he showed them the ring :-) They caught on lol So yeah. That's the story!! We're thinking we'll get married Lost in the 50's weekend, but it's NOT set in stone. And that would be May 15th :-)









3 comments:

Heather Thomas said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! I'm so excited for you both! :)

Heather Glena said...

Hey Valeri!
This is Heather :)
I just wanted to say congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! and the ring is SO pretty!!
Love
Heather

Mike & Emily West said...

Well...my goodness! Your ring is gorgeous! Congratulations!!!! :-)